The Shelsleys are a group of small villages in the county of Worcestershire, England. Situated on either wide of the Teme Valley near the village of Clifton-upon-Teme, they encompass the formerly distinct civil parishes of Shelsley Beauchamp, Shelsley Kings and Shelsley Walsh. The three merged in 1972 and now share a single parish council.
Shelsley Beauchamp is the largest of the three hamlets of the Shelseys. The name "Beauchamp" comes from the Beauchamps who held Shelsley Beauchamp in the 12th century.
Shelsley Walsh lies to the south west on the opposite bank of the river Teme and is the home of Britain's oldest continuous motor sporting event: Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb. The event was first held in 1905 before racing on public roads was banned and, except for the war years, racing has taken place here every year since.
The hillclimb track at Shelsley Walsh was originally leased to the Midland Automobile Club by Montague Taylor, who lived in the 16th century Court House, formerly the home of the Walsh family, at the time of the Gunpowder plot. Each Hillclimb begins with a service in the tiny church of St Andrews. It dates back to the 12th century and has some fine features. Since 1981 has been registered as a charity to safeguard its future. The Hillclimb is leased to the Midlands Automobile Club by the Winnington Estate.
Shelsley Kings is the smallest of the three hamlets, overlooking the river valley. Shelsley Kings was in the upper division of Doddingtree Hundred.
North of Shelsley Beauchamp, east of the river Teme, south of the B4203 with Kingswood Common and The Grange on its eastern boundary. Includes Stanford Bridge in its northwest corner (O.S. Ref: SO726650).